Mama's Layered Taco Dip
Will you be watching tomorrow's College Football National Championship Game? Even though my Dawgs aren't playing, I will definitely be tuning in. I'm torn between rooting for Clemson (because Dabo) and rooting for LSU (because SEC), so I think I'll just watch and see who pulls it out. LSU seems unstoppable, and Joe Burrow is phenomenal. I have a bit of "Clemson fatigue," but they are a very good team.
Game days, regardless of who is playing, mean game day snacks! One of my absolute favorite tailgate snacks is my mama's taco dip. This appetizer was served at nearly every party my mama threw, and my brother and I consider it one our favorites.
- 2 (3.5 oz) cans Frito Lay bean dip
- 12 oz guacamole (or mix 3 ripe avocados with lime juice, salt and pepper...whatever is easier for you!)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- black olives
- diced tomatoes
- green onion
- about 2 c. shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. In a dish with about a 1" lip, spread the bean dip as the bottom layer.
2. Spread the guac over the bean dip for layer 2.
3. Mix the sour cream, mayo and taco seasoning then spread over the guac as your layer 3.
4. Sprinkle around black olives, chopped green onion and diced tomatoes.
5. Finally, top with the shredded cheese.
6. Cover and chill for a few hours before serving. I have made it just before serving, and it's still delicious.
Serve with the tortilla chips of your choice.