Perfect Guacamole (for a crowd)
Updated: May 20, 2020
Is it even #CincodeMayo without a big 'ole bowl of guacamole?
My most favorite Mexican restaurant makes their guacamole to order right in front of you at your table, and it is always spectacular. I have learned a lot from watching the servers make it and have now perfected my own guacamole recipe. It's a crowd-pleaser!
Here is what you need:
- 4 ripened avocados, sliced and slightly mashed (I like mine kinda chunky)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced very small (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced very small (you can leave seeds if you want it spicy!)
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- the juice of 2 limes (some people do less lime juice, but I love a lot...plus it keeps the guac from browning too quickly)
Combine all the ingredients and don't "over-mash" for a chunky, perfect guacamole!